1. I did get a Wii for Xmas and I have been kicking everyone's ass in bowling. I am the Wii Bowling Queen!
3. I am currently exploring meditation and finding that "monkey mind" is a serious affliction for me. If I'm honest, I think it's gotten worse as a result of all my time online.
4. Every year I see the week between Christmas and New Year's as the time for me to take stock and prepare for a new year. I then expect myself to really hit the ground running on January 1 with all sorts of new projects, ideas, etc. Somehow it never works that way. So this year I'm honoring the cycle of the seasons and using the winter months to "get the ground ready" (as it were) for launching bigger things in the spring. Winter really is not my best time of the year, so I'm going to see what happens when I stop pressuring myself to "get stuff done."
5. My first job ever was as a nurse's aide in a nursing home. While other 16 year olds were serving Happy Meals, I was cleaning and feeding senior citizens in a fire trap that eventually burned down several years after I stopped working there. On certain shifts, patients were routinely over-medicated with Mellaril so that they would be quiet and leave the staff alone. After discussing this with a nurse, I began throwing away meds. I couldn't stand to see these poor men and women drooling and out of it because staff wanted to be able to watch TV for most of the shift.
6. I have played Dungeons and Dragons. Within the past year. And enjoyed it.
7. I have recently taken up knitting as a sort of meditational practice. Anyone interested in a scarf?
Now I'm tagging: