Some Links for Creating and Managing Your Own LinkedIn Group
I had to pull together some resources on using LinkedIn's Groups feature for a client, so thought it might be helpful to post the links here. These are more geared toward starting and running your own group, as opposed to finding and joining an existing group.
Features of LinkedIn Groups include:
- Group home page: A private space for your members on LinkedIn.
- Discussion forums: Simple discussion spaces for you and your members. (You can turn discussions off in your management control panel if you like)
- Enhanced roster: Searchable list of group members.
- Digest emails: Daily or weekly digests of new discussion topics, which your members may choose to receive.
- RSS News Feeds--Managers can create customs news feeds by adding an RSS feed, an Atom feed, or just a Web site URL.
Anyone can start a LinkedIn Group. You just need to have a free LinkedIn account. Check out the LinkedIn Superguide if you're new to LinkedIn and need to get yourself set up.
Once you have your account, here are some resources for creating and managing your Group(s)
- LinkedIn Learning Center on Groups
- Dummies.com Guide to Creating a LinkedIn Group
- Create a Custom News Feed for Your Linked In Group
- How to Create a Successful LinkedIn Group
- 5 Tips for Creating, Promoting and Managing a LinkedIn Group
- Top 10 Tips on How to Manage a LinkedIn Group
- Best Practices for LinkedIn Group Management
- 6 Ways to Improve LinkedIn Groups
- LinkedIn Subgroups and How You Can Use Them
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.